Wednesday, November 02, 2011

Whoops a Daisy!

Unfortunately for my son, I think he has inherited my clumsy gene.

I'm forever tripping over things or into things or off things and that was even before I had Ozzy and my house became a messy toy store.
I have broken my nose twice and my arm twice, and not once was it in a cool way.
 The first time I broke my arm, I was 2. I was living on the 3rd floor in a block of flats and had walked down the endless flight of stairs to get to the last TWO steps, and I trip over myself and down I go.

The second time I broke my arm, I think I was about 10 or so. I had just gotten out of the shower and was wrapped in a bath towel far too big for me. I had a few shelves that my dad had put up above my bed, which meant that everytime I wanted to put on my stereo, I had to stand on my bed to turn it on. So, of course in my oversized towel, I stand up, turn my stereo on, go to sit back down but instead trip on the towel, fall backwards and break my arm on the bedside table.

And of course the breaking of my nose...the first time was from skate-boarding down a slide into a metal gate and the second time was from roller-blading in the kitchen. I was quite the tomboy back then. But these were just the worse cases of my clumsiness. Ask me on any random day if I have any bruises and I could point you out several just from accidentally knocking into the cabinets or banging my hip on the door handle (dear god that annoys me, they're perfect height to get my bloomin lovehandles!).

It seems at only 3, Ozzy is just as clumsy as me. Maybe more so!

A few weeks ago he was sat on my lap, I lean sideways slightly to welcome daddy home with a kiss and he loses his balance, slips off my lap and smacks his face into the coffee table.

The fact that my poor boy has a black eye is already pretty horrendous, but now I have to take him to pre-school 3 days a week and have to explain his injuries!

Today's one was on the way to school. He was running down the road and I start to shout out to him to slow down or he'll fa....no too late. his head got smacked on the gritty pavement.


Another injury to have to explain to school, the second one in as many months. Here's hoping we have an accident free month next month or they're going to start getting suspicious.



Anyone else in the world have an accident prone child!!?

2 comments:

  1. Ah bless him! Not to worry I dont think you or he are the only ones with the clumsy gene!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, poor little fella. I think there is a clumsy gene as I feel I've passed mine onto my daughter!

    CJ xx

    ReplyDelete