Tuesday, August 02, 2011

First Week at Cow School.

My son will be starting pre-school in September, so I thought It might be a good idea to buy him a school related book. This is a new book out and i've seen another book from this author called The Cow That Laid an Egg which Oscar and I find hilarious. So, we thought we'd give this new book a try. 






Marjorie the cow feels jolly proud when her daughter, Daisy, starts school. But daisy is a bit different, and isn't very good at the lessons! She can't do anything all the other cows can do, her hoof prints are odd and don't get me started on her cowpats!! But there's a talent Daisy has that nobody else can do!


We enjoyed Andy Cutbill's other books and this one is no exception. It's fun, quirky and the illustrations are pretty cool and compliment the story rather well.(Illustrations by Russel Ayto) The only bad thing about this book is I think I will be reading it everyday to my son who has requested this book every night since we bought it! Cutbill has also done The Best Cow In Show and Albie books, both of which I think I should give a try out. I really think he should write a bit more often because I'm loving his children's books so far, and so is Oscar!
If you've read this book let me know what YOU thought of it with a comment below!


UK: £ 6.99 
Link to publishers facebook - HarperCollinsChildren'sBooks



4 comments:

  1. I will be looking to gather some starting school books over the next few months ready for reading before Bean starts school next year - I'll check this one out ! ps. Love the new back ground - very cool indeed ! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi mammasaurus. You should also check out 'Pete the Cat - rocking in my school shoes' by Eric Lutwin, another good one for school!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just stumbled across this. What a nice book review, thank you. And yes, I ought to write a few more books. My publisher certainly thinks so!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! Thanks for your comment. I look forward to reading more from you in the future then!

    ReplyDelete